Safety & More
Handling & Use General Advice
Do not drop cylinders off vehicles or platforms, as damage to cylinders and valves can be caused which are expensive to repair.
Don’t change or store bottles in the presence of naked flame.
Trace leaks using liquid detergent solution, NEVER a naked flame.
Check hoses regularly. Ensure properly secured with hose clips. If hoses are damaged or showing signs of wear, call Tarish Gas immediately to have them replaced.
In the unlikely event that you suspect or detect a leak of LPG, you should..
- Turn off the regulator on the cylinder and turn off the appliance, IF safe to do so.
- Don’t ignite a flame and extinguish any cigarettes.
- Open all doors and windows if the leak is inside a property. If the cylinder can be safely moved without risking your own safety move any cylinders outside.
- Call Tarish Gas
In case of fire, you should:
- Immediately raise the fire alarm and call the fire brigade on 997, make sure you advise them that an LPG cylinder is situated at the premises.
- Turn off the regulator on the cylinder if this can be done without risking your own safety.
- Remove everyone to a safe distance from the area.
LPG Cylinder Storage Info
- Basis rules & Information for LPG cylinder Storage.
- Cylinders should be used and stored in the upright position.
- Cylinders should be stored in well ventilated places away from sources of heat, ignition sources and readily ignitable materials.
- Cylinders must not be stored or used below ground level.
- Cylinders should preferably be stored outdoors, away from buildings entry/exit points and feature such as drain.
- Cylinder must not be kept near to any corrosive, toxic or oxidant material.
Advantages & Benefits of Using LPG
The greatest strengths of LPG Cylinders is its versatility, with over 1000 different uses: in the home for heating and real flame cooking in the garden for barbecues.in your vehicle to lower your transport costs; commercially in forklift trucks, farming, industrial heating, catering and caravan parks to name but a few as below .
- LPG gives out much less carbon dioxide so it’s an environmentally friendly fuel too.
- Other benefits include.An efficient, instant flame that makes cooking easy, enjoyable and clean.
- A visible blue flame that’s easily controlled, so you can get just the right level of heat.
- Lights straight away with no fuss.Burns cleanly and doesn’t produce any soot, smoke or smell
- .Doesn’t leave any residue or taint your food.
- Helps prolong the lifespan of your cooker.
Our HSE Policy!
Used correctly, LPG is a safe product. However, being a combustible fuel, we must recognize the potential dangers it can present and minimize risk to our customers, employees and the wider public alike. At Tarish Gas, we never take safety for granted, and encourage our customers to take a similar approach.
Tarish Gas HSE policy:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- To maintain arrangements for ensuring safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health and to maintain safe and healthy working conditions.